- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience as a Content Strategist or Product UX Writer.
- Experience applying accessible design principles and web accessibility standards. Experience in shaping content for multi-disciplinary projects.
- Portfolio of UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines.
- Experience with other aspects of universal design (i.e. responsive design, inclusive design).
- Experience building collaborative relationships across geographically distributed teams.
- Knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and web accessibility best practices.
- Familiarity with user research methods.
About the job
As a User Experience (UX) Writer, you are an advocate for Google design, working to shape product experiences by creating useful, meaningful text that helps users complete the task at hand. You help set the vision for content and drive cohesive product narratives across multiple platforms and touch points. As a stellar writer, you have a portfolio of work that demonstrates content that simplifies and beautifies the overall user experience.
You work with people in a variety of UX design-related jobs including researchers, product managers, engineers, marketing and customer operations. Collaborating with each, you strive to establish cohesive language and a unified voice across products and platforms. You regularly use empathy, logic and hard data to inform content choices, and are an expert in your product. You provide content recommendations that include the right words and sometimes complementary data and images.
As a UX Writer, you will drive guidelines and best practices, manage complex, cross-functional projects and work with leadership to set goals and implement roadmaps. You provide direction and mentorship to junior writers and support to peers.
User experience (UX) is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to yield insights that inform product strategy and guide the design of the experiences we create. Our multidisciplinary UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and performance. We collaborate closely with product managers, software engineers, and many others to solve complex challenges and craft powerful experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Use writing and editing skills to write UI text that facilitates user navigation, onboarding, promos, error messages, instructional materials and other components of the end-to-end user experience.
- Drive broad accessibility focused design efforts and inspire teams by helping understand unmet needs and opportunities.
- Develop and establish a design program for accessibility and to help integrate accessibility design into the standard processes within Core UX.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.