Disney Streaming Services brings the beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events of Disney directly to people on their own terms. User research is a critical part of understanding how our users want to interact with those stories.
As a UX Researcher at Disney Streaming Services, you will work on products used by millions of Disney customers each year. You will conduct evaluative user research using methods like interviews, literature reviews, and usability testing. You will also conduct generative research through activities like design sprints, customer journey mapping, and diary studies. Working within a product design organization you will determine the best approach for translating research findings into actionable outputs.This role is in New York reporting to the head of research.
- Collaborate with Design & Product teams to research product questions.
- Design and execute a wide variety of research projects ranging from early ideation through to design validation.
- Generate insights, recommendations and presentations to influence and inspire product decisions and designs
- Translate key research insights into design concepts with varying degrees of fidelity.
- Work with other researchers to create an institutional knowledge base curated from individual research projects
- 2+ years experience in applied product/design research.
- You have a clear understanding and experience with a wide variety of generative and evaluative research methods.
- Command over a range of qualitative methods and comfort with quantitative concepts.
- Ability to articulate a user identity by developing user profiles, personas and scenarios.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Self motivated, can work independently.
BA/BS degree in Psychology
Degree in HCI, Social Science etc is a plus.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.disneycareers.com.